Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Monday, February 28, 2011

BACK HOME


We walked through Boston yesterday and then attended the Sunday service at the historic Old South Church. It was snowing as we made our way through the streets of Boston, a fitting end as Mother Earth clearly was saying that despite our walk for a new spring, winter was not yet over.

MB and I had lunch and then made our way by bus back to Portland and then home from there by car. I jumped into a hot tub and soaked for awhile. Amazingly my feet and legs are fine. After previous walks I would be limping around for days with swollen legs and painful feet but the Chinese heat treatments that Brother Kato did on me during the walk just took care of that. I am a true believer in the heat now.

I've got a pile of mail and emails to sort through. Many people have responded to our call for donations to purchase an advertisement in the Portland newspaper which will encourage all elected officials in Maine to speak out against the wars in Iraq-Afghanistan-Pakistan and support the Bring Our War $$ Home campaign. In addition I have alot of work ahead of me on the Global Network's 19th annual space organizing conference on June 17-19 in North Andover, Massachusetts. During the walk I was able to pass out brochures about the conference and found some very interested people.

I'm glad I went on the walk. I will write some concluding thoughts about it in the next day or so. I think we reached many people along the way. You've got to get out and work hard if you really want to change things in this country. Sending emails alone won't cut it.

PS: It was good to be back in my own bed last night. Floor sleeping wasn't so bad but nothing like home sweet home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home