Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Thursday, March 01, 2012

HOME SWEET HOME


I am home at last. Had to drive through an at times blinding snow storm from Boston to Maine but we made it in one piece.

Somehow I mustered up the energy to do my talk last night on drones and U.S. foreign and military policy along with two other speakers in Cambridge. Of course I shared the latest news from Jeju Island. There was a nice turnout of about 50 folks on a cold and raining night. Due to jet lag neither MB nor I had much sleep at her brother's house in Boston. So I am running on fumes now.

The latest from Gangjeong village is that the dredge barge came today and somehow the folks got their kayaks into the water to challenge it. As you can see in the photos above the police had their boats in the water and they put razor wire all around the barge to keep the villagers from climbing on-board the dredge boat.

I've had several emails from around the world (Maine, Hawaii, Japan and New Zealand) expressing interest in going to Gangjeong village to offer support for the people there. My hope is that more will think of making this journey to stand with these brave and noble people.

I've got a busy month ahead of me in March. I am going to Florida for a week with my cousin to watch our favorite baseball team (Orioles) and I will do one talk in Bradenton and two radio interviews while there. On March 20 we will have our Bring Our War $$ Home rally inside the state capital in Augusta. The event will be called Marching Against Fiscal Madness: Fund Human Needs.

Then on March 23-24 there is a peace conference in Stamford, CT and I will be speaking in two workshops. I leave on March 31 for Los Angeles where I will begin my 30-day west coast speaking tour. So alot must be done between now and then.

It's 7:00 pm and I am ready to hit the hay. Tomorrow is another day. Everything else can wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home