Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Saturday, April 06, 2013

TIME OUT - BIG START FOR ORIOLES



The Baltimore Orioles, my favorite baseball team, are off to a great start.  They are 3-1 to begin the season but the best story is first baseman Chris Davis.

Davis drove in a career-high five runs yesterday, giving him 16 RBIs this season, the most of any player through his team's first four games since RBIs became an official stat in 1920, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Davis also became just the fourth player in major league history to homer in his team's first four games — joining Willie Mays (1971), Mark McGwire (1998) and Nelson Cruz (2011).

I was born in Maryland but since I grew up in a military family we moved all over the place - I never really had a home town.  The Orioles became my home town - they were my touchstone.

I'm enjoying this run so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home